Monday, March 19, 2012

Black is Beautiful

If you can't think of any outfit to wear, I think that wearing Black is the the safest. Sometimes, Black is the most misunderstood color. A black tie dinner is very formal and elegant. Women can wear that "must have little black dress" to the black tie dinner. Yet the bad guys wear black hats. Black symbolizes death in some cultures. Saturdays color is black. Black absorbs all aspects of light. While white reveals, black conceals. 
So, why BLACK? For me, I think that this color opens the door to mystery. And in Fashion speaks, It remains the height of chicness.


Todays look: I'm an Office Girl / Assistant / Julalay of my aunt(hehehe). I feel like wearing black (walang lang hehehe). I just wanna match my sparkling collar with my outfit. I think that wearing black will draw more attention to my detachable collar (especially if it has sequin details on it) coz that's my main focus here. I just added this gold belt to cinch my waist and for extra details too. So, my look for today, can also be a night-out outfit too (hahaha!). 

 


Do-It-Myself: Detachable Collar
It all started with Miu Miu (or our grandmothers, depending on who you ask), but detachable collars have really dominated the neck game this season. Maybe it's the crisp lines or the sheer versatility, but there's nothing quite like a bit of buttoned-up bling at your neck to dress up an outfit.

This one I made is from my excess fabric (from the sequin shorts I've done). It's a baby collar or a peter-pan collar. Instead of the usual button closure, I put a gold chain to make it look like a necklace too :) O diba? Bongacious na, Sparkly Pa! hehehe :)
 



Black ~ as a clothing used to make a bold statement of mystery and self control. 
Black clothing can say "Notice me but do not intrude." 



Black Top: Korean Clothing 
Lace Skirt: Forever21 

Stud Earrings: Ninewest 
 Bracelet: Gold Heart Charm 
Gold Belt: SM Accessories 

Detachable Collar: DIY 
Nude Pumps: Brash 


If fashion is a form of self-expression then what does your attire say about your level of expression? 
I think that Fashion evolves. It’s fun and is one of the first things people notice when they see you. Your style speaks on who you are. If you know how to put together an outfit, then I think you'll never go wrong. Choose a style that is simple yet sophisticated and don't be afraid to experiment because that's what Fashion is for.


... and finally,

"The most important thing to remember is that you can wear all the greatest clothes and all the greatest shoes, but you’ve got to have a good spirit on the inside. That’s what’s really going to make you look like you’re ready to rock the world." :) 

xoxo ~ TSE

No comments:

Post a Comment